Top-secret new iPhone 2022 ‘will be FOLDABLE with iPad-sized screen’ – but it’s very expensive
APPLE is said to be working on a foldable iPhone prototype that could be ready for release in 2022.
A supposed leak last week started rumours that the ‘iPhone Flip’, as it’s been dubbed, would replace the iPad Mini.
According to a website called The Verifier, the device would cost $1,499 (around £1,100).
The article also suggested the phone/tablet would be avaliable in just two years.
The device is said to have 256GB of storage and 8GB of RAM.
However, other reports are sceptical of the leaker used by The Verifier.
Patent applications do suggest that Apple is indeed working on this device though.
According to Economic Daily News, Apple is sending foldable iPhone prototypes “assembly partner Foxconn for testing purposes”.
The outlet cited supply chain sources for leaking this information.
They said Apple wants the folding device to be able to fold at least 100,000 times.
The company is said to be designing between using an OLED or micro-LED display.
As with all leaks, rumours and even patents, we can’t be 100% sure that a device will be going into mass production until official word from Apple.
iPhone tricks to try today
Here are some of the best…
- Typing cursor – When typing, hold down the space bar to turn your keyboard into a trackpad, letting you move around words and sentences more easily
- Close all Safari tabs – To do this in one go, simply hold the overlapped squares in the bottom right-hand corner, and press close all tabs
- Delete lots of photos quickly – Hold down on a photo and then drag your finger diagonally in Photos to select lots of images at once, then hit delete
- Convert currency quickly – Swipe down from the top of your Home screen (or swipe left to right on an iPhone X or later model), then tap in the bar and type a currency (like $200) and it will automatically covert to your local currency
- Check if you’re due a battery upgrade – Batteries inside smartphones degrade over time. Just go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health, and check out the Maximum Capacity reading. Generally a battery is considered worn when you’re down to 80% capacity. If you’re below, you can buy a battery swap from Apple
- Move apps around faster – Hold an app until it starts wiggling, then (while still holding) tap other apps, causing them to stack so you can move them around easier
Most read in Phones & Gadgets
In other news, Instagram users have been left disgusted with the new design of the app.
Apple might have accidentally leaked what its rumoured over-ear headphones look like via an icon in a software test.
And, Twitter has a new feature called ‘Fleets’ that act just like Instagram Stories.
Would you like a foldable iPhone? Let us know in the comments…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org