PlayStation State of Play – huge event shows off 10 NEW PS5 games
SONY has revealed a stunning roster of games for your perusal at State of Play 2021.
We reveal everything you need to know about this week’s epic gaming showcase.
Sony’s State of Play is a gaming bonanza[/caption]
What is State of Play?
PlayStation regularly hosts a major event called State of Play.
It’s a chance for Sony to show off new games coming to its platforms.
Importantly, this State of Play will reveal games landing on the new PS5.
Some of the games will be out very soon, and others could be a long way off.
New PS5 games are great…if you’re one of the lucky buyers that managed to bag a console[/caption]
In any case, Sony isn’t giving up much info.
“This Thursday, a State of Play broadcast will serve up new updates and deep dives for 10 games coming to PS4 and PS5.
“Including new game announcements and updates on some of the third-party and indie titles you last saw in June’s PS5 showcase.”
It’s expected to begin at 2pm PT, 5pm ET and 10pm GMT.
And Sony said it will last for around 30 minutes.
Abe is back in Oddworld Soulstorm on the PS5[/caption]
PlayStation State of Play news
We’ll update this section with a list of newly announced games as the event happens.
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time will achieve 4K 60fps on PS5 – plus haptic feedback through the DualSense joypad
- Returnal gets a release date of April 30 for PS5 – it’s a sci-fi psychological horror FPS
- Knockout City now has a cross-play beta – an epic dodgeball battle game
- Sifu is coming in 2021 – it’s a modern 3D take on classic side-scrolling beat-’em-up games, inspired by Asian action movies
- Solar Ash is coming later in 2021 – it’s an epic fast-paced 3D platformer set in a black hole
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach is coming in 2021 – it looks eerie and disturbing, and total hell for anyone who hates jumpscares
- Oddworld Soulstorm lands on April 6 with unique DualSense support – you reprise the role of Abe from the classic Oddworld games, but in a much more visually stunning way
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits is out on August 24 – it’s a third-person action-adventure game following a spirit guide helping dead people move on to the afterlife
- Deathloop was shown off in a teaser trailer – it’s a stylish first-person shooter that we can’t wait to try
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade is coming June 10 – it’s got boosted PS5 graphics that look seriously slick
What’s your favourite upcoming PS5 game? Let us know in the comments!
Most read in Gaming
In other news, The Sun’s favourite alternative to a games console is the Oculus Quest 2 VR headset.
Grab a VR headset and you’ll be able to play the legendary Beat Saber – like Guitar Hero, but with lightsabers.
And Dell’s Alienware R10 Ryzen Edition is a gaming PC powerhouse that crushes both the new consoles.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at email@example.com