Laptop Black Friday deals 2020: here’s what to look out for
WHAT better time is there to shop for a new laptop? Black Friday deals mean lower prices on top tech devices including computers.
Should you be looking to upgrade or pick up a new model this November, here’s what to look out for.
*Remember, just because an item is in the sale, it doesn’t mean you can’t find the same product, or similar, elsewhere. Always shop around to make sure you’re getting the best price.
Very.co.uk Black Friday Deals
Very is still in the early stages of its Black Friday deals, but there are already a few laptop models benefitting from the seasonal discount.
Savings are up to £500, so not bad at all.
- MacBook Air (2020) 13 inch, 1.2GHz Quad-Core 10th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, 256Gb SSD, £1249, WAS £1399 – buy here
MacBook Air (2020) 13 inch, 1.1GHz Quad-Core 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor, 16Gb RAM, 256Gb SSD, £1299, WAS £1449 – buy here
- Alienware Area 51m, Intel Core i9-9900K, 8GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Graphics, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD & 512GB SSD, 17.3 inches Full HD 144Hz G-Sync, Gaming Laptop, £2999.99, WAS £3499.99 – buy here
Currys PC World Black Friday Deals
Currys’ Black Friday laptop deals include free next day delivery and 20% off Care & Repair.
The company also offers a Price Promise guarantee that allows buyers to price match any product against any other retailer, online or in-store, and even vouchers.
- LENOVO IdeaPad 3 15.6″ Laptop – AMD 3020e, 128 GB SSD, Black, £279, WAS £379 – buy here
- HP 14s-dq1505sa 14″ Laptop – Intel Core i7, 512 GB SSD, Silver, £599, WAS £699 – buy here
- DELL Inspiron 15 3000 15.6″ Laptop – AMD Ryzen 5, 256 GB SSD, Black, £479, WAS £599 – buy here
DELL Black Friday Deals
Dell is already offering quite a few Black Friday deals on laptops, as part of the site’s Black Friday Early Access program.
All the laptops in this category come with either a 12% or 15% discount, respectively with code BLACK12 or BLACK15.
Machines bought as part of this sale will also earn you double points when you sign up.
- XPS 17, 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10300H, up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics and a studio-quality display, £1529.15, WAS £1799 – buy here
- Inspiron 14 5000, 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 Processor, Intel Iris Xe Graphics with shared graphics memory, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, £571.12, WAS £649 – buy here
- XPS 13 2-in-1, 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor, Intel Iris Plus Graphics, 512 GB SSD, 16GB RAM, £1656.65, WAS 1948.99 – buy here
When is Black Friday?
Black Friday always comes the day after the American Holiday, Thanksgiving, which is the fourth Thursday of November.
That makes 2020’s shopping bonanza November 27 – a date to know if you’re looking forward to laptop Black Friday deals.
Although most tech specialist and non-specialist stores begin sales in the days leading up to Black Friday, they also often continue into the weekend and ‘Cyber Monday’.
When is Cyber Monday?
The online-only cousin of Black Friday lands on November 30 this year, with loads more deals and offers from retailers. If you miss out on a Black Friday deal, Cyber Monday is a great chance to grab more savings.
More Great Black Friday Deals
Laptop Black Friday deals to look for in 2020
Shopping for a laptop this Black Friday? It’s worth checking in on all the big and well-known retailers as deals go live.
Whatever you need a laptop for, top brands are available for less during the event, including the likes of Dell, HP, Asus, and Lenovo.
Sought after models like Microsoft’s Surface devices and apple’s Macbooks can also be found for less – as can gaming laptops from the likes of Alienware and Asus TUF and ROG models.
What was in the sales last year?
- Microsoft Surace 2 13.5-inch laptop, £1,149, saving £379.01 – buy here
- Dell laptops – up to 419 off on Black Friday laptop deals – buy here
- HP Pavilion 14″ i3/i5/i7 Laptop, from £349.00, saving £150.00 – buy here
- LENOVO IdeaPad 15.6” i3 Laptop, £399.00, £299.00 Up to £130.00 – buy here
ASUS Gaming Laptops
- ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DY, £549.99, saving £150 – buy here
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus G GA502DU, £929, saving £320 – buy here
- ASUS Zephyrus GX531, £2,499, saving £500 – buy here
- Dell XPS 15-inch Laptop, £1999, saving £519.99 – buy here
- Inspiron 14 3000 Laptop £199, saving £99.99 – buy here
- Inspiron 14 5000 Laptop £649, saving £169.99 – buy here
- Inspiron G3 15 Gaming Laptop £699, saving £219 – buy here
- Inspiron AIO 7777 Laptop £999, saving £249.99 – buy here
Amazon Laptop offers
iOTA Flo 11.6-Inch Laptop, £99.99, saving £79 – buy here
Acer Aspire 5 A515-54 15.6-inch Laptop, £549.99, saving £100 – buy here
ASUS TUF FX505DY 15.6 Inch Thin Bezel Full HD Gaming Laptop, £599, saving £130.99 – buy here
HP Pavilion Power 15-ec0000na, £579, saving £170.99 – buy here
Apple MacBook Pro, £2179 saving £520 – buy here
Argos Laptop offers
Lenovo IdeaPad S340 15.6in Ryzen5 8GB 256GB FHD Laptop, £349.99, saving £150 – buy here
HP 15.6 Inch Slim i3 4GB 128GB FHD Laptop £279.99, saving £100 – buy here
Currys Laptop Offers
- HP 15sfq1514sa 15.6″ Laptop Intel Core £299, saving £170 – buy here
MICROSOFT 12.3″ Intel Core i5 Surface Pro 7 £779, saving £220 – buy here
ASUS C202 11.6″ Intel Celeron Chromebook £129, saving £120 – buy here
Our tips for finding the best deals this Black Friday and Cyber Monday
IT might be tempting to dive in and snap up LOADS of items on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but here’s how you can guarantee you’re getting a good deal.
PREPARE Research the items you want to buy and find out the cheapest price. Websites like PriceSpy, PriceHistory and CamelCamelCamel will give you historical data on prices so you can see how much you should pay.
GET FOLLOWING Follow your favourite shops on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and sign up to its deals newsletter to get the latest on any offers. We post the best deals in our Sun Money FB group too.
CHECK FOR CODES Take a look at The Sun Vouchers, and see if you can get extra savings with discount codes.
What sort of laptop do I need?
Laptops largely fall into four categories: standard laptops, Macbooks made by Apple, Chromebooks and 2-in-1s which are laptop/tablet hybrids.
Standard laptops have a huge range of specs and prices to choose from, ranging from a couple of hundred pounds to many thousands.
The cheaper models are good for web browsing and streaming programmes online, while the more expensive variety have more processing power and can be used to edit video and power demanding video games.
Macbooks run Apple’s intuitive IOS and generally are very easy to use while looking sleek, but the design comes at a price and the most popular models cost between £1,000-£1,500.
Chromebooks are generally cheaper, less powerful machines that rely on cloud computing to complete tasks so require a good internet connection to use the majority of their applications.
2-in-1s are for those who want to switch between a tablet and a laptop and are the most versatile type of laptop with prices that can range from a few hundred to well into the thousands.
If you’re the sort of person who likes to watch Netflix and fire off a few emails, Chromebooks and cheap laptops are probably enough for you.
But if you want to play games that require some big computing power such as Football Manager or The Witcher, or you want to edit photos and videos, a more expensive laptop or Macbook might be the way to go.
Who will have the best laptop deals on Black Friday 2019?
More Black Friday deals
Keen to know more about Black Friday? Check out our main Black Friday guide.
Looking for a new phone? Keep an eye on our pick of the Black Friday phone deals.
For all of our tech recommendations, check out our dedicated Sun Selects section here.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.