iPhone 12 prices ‘leaked’ a week before rumoured reveal – and cheapest model could cost £649
APPLE’S next iPhone is likely just weeks away – and prices for all the new models may have leaked.
Retail mark-ups for the new iPhone 12 could range between £649 and £1,449 depending on the model you choose.
Apple’s next iPhone may be just weeks – or even days – away[/caption]
Every year, Apple launches a batch of new iPhones in September.
But 2020 is different: we’re expecting the iPhone 12 in October or November.
That means we’re probably very close to a launch, though Apple hasn’t confirmed anything yet.
Now Twitter leaker Apple Rumours has leaked what it claims are the prices for four new iPhone models.
The new iPhone 12 could support super-fast 5G internet speeds[/caption]
Importantly, there’s no way to verify this information, so it could be a hoax.
However, leaks typically ramp up in quality just prior to iPhone launches – so there’s a chance it’s true.
At the very least, these prices look about right for what we’re expecting from the iPhone 12.
Here are the leaked prices…
iPhone 12 Mini:
- £649 / $649
- £799 / $799
- £749 / $749
- £899 / $899
iPhone 12 Pro:
- £999 / $999
- £1,299 / $1,299
iPhone 12 Pro Max:
- £1,099 / $1,099
- £1,399 / $1,399
The cheapest and most expensive models are both marginally cheaper than last year’s lot.
And many buyers will likely spread the cost of the handset over a year or two with a phone contract anyway.
Apple hasn’t revealed anything about the rumoured iPhone 12 so far[/caption]
iPhone tricks to try today
Here are some of the best…
- Typing cursor – When typing, hold down the space bar to turn your keyboard into a trackpad, letting you move around words and sentences more easily
- Close all Safari tabs – To do this in one go, simply hold the overlapped squares in the bottom right-hand corner, and press close all tabs
- Delete lots of photos quickly – Hold down on a photo and then drag your finger diagonally in Photos to select lots of images at once, then hit delete
- Convert currency quickly – Swipe down from the top of your Home screen (or swipe left to right on an iPhone X or later model), then tap in the bar and type a currency (like $200) and it will automatically covert to your local currency
- Check if you’re due a battery upgrade – Batteries inside smartphones degrade over time. Just go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health, and check out the Maximum Capacity reading. Generally a battery is considered worn when you’re down to 80% capacity. If you’re below, you can buy a battery swap from Apple
- Move apps around faster – Hold an app until it starts wiggling, then (while still holding) tap other apps, causing them to stack so you can move them around easier
Apple hosted a special Time Flies event last month, where it revealed a new Apple Watch and two iPad models.
But fans were disappointed by the total absence of an iPhone.
It’s believed that this year’s global health crisis meant the iPhone launch had to be moved back slightly.
However, fans are still expected to bag the latest iPhone just in time for Christmas.
Most read in Phones & Gadgets
In other news, this impressive iPhone 12 concept video could show off Apple’s secret design ahead of time.
Apple recently released a new “cheap” version of its iPhone SE.
The iPhone 12 could be the thinnest ever thanks to new screen technology.
And the new phone could also see through mist and fog thanks to rumoured ‘Spectral Edge’ camera integration.
Will you be buying the iPhone 12? Let us know in the comments!
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at email@example.com