Eerie ‘Jesus AI’ that was trained using the Bible starts writing DOOMSDAY prophecies – and warns of a global plague
AN ARTIFICIALLY intelligent algorithm that has been trained in biblical scripture has been coming up with its own ‘prophecies’.
The creation is called AI Jesus and it’s already spoken about a “plague” and “the end of days”.
The creation has been called AI Jesus[/caption]
The algorithm was created by engineer and quantum researcher George Davila Durendal.
He explained in a blogpost: “I present to you A.I. Jesus. An artificial intelligence of my invention created from the King James Bible and nothing else.
“This A.I. learned human language from reading the bible and nothing else; absorbing every word more thoroughly than all the monks of all the monasteries that have ever been.”
Durendal told the AI to write predictions about three topics.
The AI came up with some pretty scary statements[/caption]
The topics were called “The Plague”, “Caesar” and “The End of Days”.
The full text is full of glitches, just like a lot of things purely written using artificially intelligent software.
However, some of it makes sense and reads like terrifying doomsday prophecies.
One section reads: “O LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; When they saw the angel of the Lord above all the brethren which were in the wilderness, and the soldiers of the prophets shall be ashamed of men.”
Another states: “And he said unto them, Depart ye for him, and see the mouth of all the remission of death.”
And there’s also this concerning line: “that thou shouldest take him a great multitude of people, and the spoil of the wicked shall be the same things that are in the midst of the sea; and the sea shall be the father of the devils.”
Although AI Jesus is far from perfect and coherent, it is another interesting example of how AI can be used to interpret and create on its own.
All the texts from from AI Jesus can be read here, including the part that says “the Plague shall be the fathers in the world”.
What is artificial intelligence?
Here’s what you need to know…
- Artificial intelligence, also known as AI, is a type of computer software
- Typically, a computer will do what you tell it to do
- But artificial intelligence simulates the human mind, and can make its own deductions, inferences or decisions
- A simple computer might let you set an alarm to wake you up
- But an AI system might scan your emails, work out that you’ve got a meeting tomorrow, and then set an alarm and plan a journey for you
- AI tech is often “trained” – which means it observes something (potentially even a human) then learns about a task over time
- For instance, an AI system can be fed thousands of photos of human faces, then generate photos of human faces all on its own
- Some experts have raised concerns that humans will eventually lose control of super-intelligent AI
- But the tech world is still divided over whether or not AI tech will eventually kill us all in a Terminator-style apocalypse
Most read in Phones & Gadgets
In other news, Elon Musk is set to reveal a ‘working Neuralink device’ this Friday.
A terminally-ill scientist is on a mission to become the world’s first cyborg in a bid to combat his muscle wasting disease.
And, Silicon Valley geeks are turning their kids into cyborgs, according to one neuroscientist.
What do you think of the ‘Jesus AI’ creation? Let us know in the comments…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at email@example.com