Apple’s top-secret ‘AirPods Studio’ over-ear headphones coming in November
APPLE over-ear headphones could be coming out in November, according to a famed ‘leaker’.
This would mean the highly speculated ‘AirPods Studio’ headphones won’t be announced at the iPhone 12 event that is expected to happen this month.
The renders that I shared last month seem to be the luxury variant — made of leather/metal.
I’m being told they’ll retail for…. $599
There will be another sport-like variant made of cheaper materials for $350.
— Jon Prosser (@jon_prosser) October 9, 2020
According to known ‘Apple Watcher’ Jon Prosser, manufacturing partners for the studio headphones won’t have them ready in time for the October 13 event.
Prosser tweeted that a “source” had told him: “AirPods Studio mass production isn’t complete until October 20th.”
He said: “I suppose they could still announce them at the October 13th event and ship them at the end of this month or beginning of next.”
He also speculated the announcement could be pushed to November.
Suspected leaked images show a leather and mesh headband[/caption]
As with all rumours, we won’t know for sure until official word from Apple.
Apple already owns Beats headphones but rumours about it creating a new premium line have been circulating for a while.
Renders and suspected leaked images of them have appeared online recently.
They’re apparently reversible so you can put them on either way and they will be able to detect your right and left ear.
A source has reportedly said the ear cups are magnetic and there is no headphone jack.
There is apparently a USBC port.
Like most premium headphones, they’re expected to provide noise cancellation.
The luxury leather version is speculated to cost $599 in the US.
There’s also thought to be a cheaper sports version coming out.
Apple AirPods 2 review – The Sun’s verdict
Here’s what tech editor Sean Keach had to say…
- The AirPods are a masterclass in design: they look great, they work flawlessly and they make your life easier.
- If you’re moving from regular cabled earbuds to AirPods, you’ll never want to go back.
- I found the fit to be tight and secure even when running, and – despite my initial fears – I’ve never managed to lose one.
- Battery life is better than ever, the new wireless charging is pretty handy (although the £40 upgrade won’t be for everyone), and hands-free Hey Siri is a useful feature if you’re brave enough to use it.
- The AirPods 2 are attainably priced, retain all the best bits from the beloved original buds, and offer some minor upgrades to boot.
- They’re probably not worth an upgrade from the original AirPods unless (1) your old ones have dead batteries, (2) you’re a wireless charging fanatic, or (3) you’re an Apple obsessive.
- But for newcomers and gadget lovers, I can’t recommend the new AirPods enough.
- The Sun says: The ultimate earbuds for iPhone owners, these easy-to-love headphones are the simplest way to upgrade your audio game today. ★★★★★
Most read in Phones & Gadgets
In other news, future iPhones could have a scratch resistant diamond-like screen coating.
Rumours suggest Apple is days away from unveiling the latest iPhone, with an event scheduled for October 13.
And, a new update will give Apple users 117 new emoji on their iPhones.
What’s your favourite headphone brand? Let us know in the comments…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at email@example.com