Weddings back on from July – but a maximum of 30 guests
WEDDINGS will be able to restart from July – but they won’t be quite the same and people will only be allowed 30 guests.
The PM today unveiled how he was opening up the nation and bringing Britain out of a “long hibernation” including opening up churches and places of worship.
Mr Johnson said today: “I know that many have mourned the closure of places of worship.
“This year, Easter, Passover and Eid all occurred during the lockdown.
“So I am delighted that places of worship will be able to reopen for prayer and services – including weddings with a maximum of 30 people, all subject to social distancing.”
The PM said the today the 2 metre rule would be reduced to “1 metre plus” meaning people should stay 2 metres away where possible – or stay 1 metre away and have other measures such as face masks to help lower the risk.
He said this could help open up more restaurants and pubs.
In a major update today, Boris announced:
- He was slashing the 2m rule down to ‘1m plus’
- Staycations from July 4 got the green light as hotels and bed and breakfasts were told they could reopen
- Pubs will also reopen from July 4 – but only one household can go inside with another and new measures will be in place
- After three long months Brits will finally be able to get a haircut
- But nail salons, gyms and nightclubs will remain closed for now
- People will be allowed to see one other household inside – but they must still keep their distance
- And sleepovers are finally allowed from July 4
- Full list of all businesses allowed to reopen
The changes are based on evidence that shows the virus has dropped to just one in 1,700 people in the first half of June, down from one in 400.
Churches, mosques, synagogues and other places of worship reopened for private prayer earlier this month.
But now weddings will be able to start up again – and the wedding party won’t have to go without a hair cut before the big day either.
Hairdressers will be allowed to reopen from July 4 with social distancing precautions in place.
But people will have to forgo their pre-wedding manicures and pedicures as nail and beauty salons must stay closed for the moment.
Most read in Politics
Boris slashes 2m rule, allows overnight stays and reopens pubs on July 4
BACK TO SCHOOL
Kids ‘should get 3 weeks in class BEFORE summer’ under 1m rule
Hairdressers can finally open again from July 4
CHEERS TO THAT
All pubs, cafes and restaurants to be allowed to serve drinks outdoors
Piers Morgan sticks fingers in his ears in furious row with Susanna Reid
WE’LL METRE AGAIN
Boris Johnson to slash social distancing rule to one metre on July 4
CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – STAY IN THE KNOW
Don’t miss the latest news and figures – and essential advice for you and your family.
Thanks for support, sharing are most welcome ~